Mission Statement

Raising awareness and educating the public through high fashion made from recyclable materials.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

COV Performs in Cheshire Rock Opera at the Metro Opera House in Oakland



COV Choir, Joyce McBride Director, 2012
Therese and Elise, 2012

Elise Singing in COV Choir, 2012

New Friends, 2012


Therese and Elise, 2012


 
Georg, "Yo ho ho!!!", 2012
Last night, my new all-women’s choir, COV, performed at the Metro Opera House in Oakland.  All of us wore a costume related to Alice in Wonderland.  The sopranos were the “spades” and my choir director, Joyce McBride, let some of us come dressed as a special character.  My costume made out of satin for Halloween was perfect for the Red Queen.   I researched it and found that she wears blue eye shadow and a red heart on her lips.  So, when I was putting on makeup, I looked for some red lipstick, but I didn’t have any so I used Crimson nail polish instead.   Since I didn’t have red hair, I whipped up the hat, using one of my furry winter hats and leftover fabric scraps from making my dress.  My husband, dressed as a pirate in the costume I made for him, took these pictures of my new friends and me.  The lights gave them a strange glow!

1 comment: