Mission Statement

Raising awareness and educating the public through high fashion made from recyclable materials.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

CAFE - the "Red" Show at O'Hanlon Center For the Arts

Be sure and check out the O'Hanlon Center For the Arts this month for the new exciting, passionate "Red" Show. Juror, Painter and Alchemist, Toni Littlejohn, will be looking for what red means to you and how you optimize the color in your work. I will be submitting my fun dress, "Some Like It Hot", made out of red bubblewrap, and tempting everybody to pop the bubbles. After the Artists Roundtable and Show Opening, Tuesday, February 7, 4-6 pm, stop into the Loft Gallery for my Solo Show, "A Woman For All Seasons". I will be showing my recent body of work of plastic sewn and heat-fused wearable arts, made out of plastic, along with wall hangings made out of CD's and sculptures made out of packing tape filled to the brim with all of the non-recyclable materials, categorized as 5-6, along with signs created out of the throw-away table liners from O'Hanlon I collected on Clean Up Day. To be in keeping with the title of my show, I will also share my earlier works, including traditional Bargello quilts, eggshell mosaics and my beloved paintings of horses. There will also be live music and entertainment, of a different sort, with my improvisational performance where anything can happen, and red wine and refreshments.

No comments:

Post a Comment