Mission Statement

Raising awareness and educating the public through high fashion made from recyclable materials.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day in SF

I woke up today, and in my meditation, Spirit reminded me about the
Earth Day celebration, hosted by One World, One Voice taking place
at the Civic Center Plaza in San Francisco. I hopped out of bed and made
a hat with the leftover ruffles from "Slick" in 30 minutes. Then, I
headed to Whole Foods to pick up material to construct "Trash-A-Pus" for
the Re-Use Contest next Saturday. I met Susan Grelock who generously
gave me several vinyl banners to construct another wearable art and
various materials including waxed cardboard, thin wood from grape
boxes, and interesting asparagus containers. I took everything to
the O'Hanlon Center For The Arts, where Cayan gave me an opportunity
to make a presentation to the ladies in her Personal Creativity
Workshop. Carolyn took some great pictures of me in "Slick". The
ladies suggested stuffing Trash-A-Pus with plastic produce bags, so I
stopped a 2nd time at Whole Foods and picked up enough bags and shrink wrap to stuff
the 4 large bags I made out of the heavy plastic table liners I
rescued during the Annual Clean-Up Day at O'Hanlon. I drove into the
City and had a blast today sharing with people my Vision of raising
awareness about the Pacific garbage patch and the dual nature of
plastic. My dress, hat and knitted audiocassette tape Mobius strip
scarf was a huge hit at the festival. Plus, Marin TV interviewed me
for the event and Plastic Soup invited me to be part of their video.
During the Eco-Fashion Show, people wondered out loud why I wasn't on
the stage modeling my Haute Couture!

No comments:

Post a Comment