Mission Statement

Raising awareness and educating the public through high fashion made from recyclable materials.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

More Artwork on View in Marin






White Trash, thread painting on fused trash bags, 2011

White Trash, thread painting on fused trash bags, 2011

White Trash, detailed view, 2011
Dear Art Lover,
I've been as busy as a bee, designing and constructing garments out of plastic trash bags called "Haute Trash", with the intention to educate the public and raise awareness about the impact of plastic on our health and natural world.  My show schedule is quite full.    For an Invited Member Show at Marin Arts Council, I created  a sizzling wearable dress, made in the tradition of FLAMEnco with a lot of ruffles, out of red bubblewrap called "Some Like It Hot".  Carrying on the theme of Pop Art and Marilyn Monroe, I'll be wearing a dress, hat and shoes, made from HOT pink bubblewrap on Friday, June 10, at Opening Night. Hats made to support breast cancer research and purchased for Zero Breast Cancer, by the 14 member strong artist group, including me, called Plexus, http://www.plexusartgroup.com/, will show along with the Pop Art Show, from June 10 to July 15.  Plexus will also be showing over 50 pieces of art, including my latest pieces, "White Trash", "Hot Off My Press" and the famous cassette tape sculpture, "In The Beginning",  featured in Marin IJ, Plus Section on March 10,  in our new show,  Re:Value, at the Falkirk Cultural Center from June 17 to August 20.  Opening Night is June 17  from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.    The two dresses, "Slick" and "Aim High", seen on my new blog, http://hotoffthepressfromelisecheval.blogspot.com/, were well-recieved last Friday night at MOCA in Novato.  Check out the photo (including my Target dress) on their website http://www.marin/ MOCA.org used for promotion of their Current Exhibition.

White Trash, detailed view,  2011

I hope to catch up with you soon!

Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment