Mission Statement

Raising awareness and educating the public through high fashion made from recyclable materials.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bay Area Women's Artists Show at O'Hanlon Center For the Arts

My sewn and fused plastic dress, "Slick", made out of recycled Hefty trash bags was accepted into the Bay Area Women's Artists Show at O'Hanlon by my favorite juror, Donna Seagar, Owner of the Donna Seagar Gallery in San Rafael. At the Artists Roundtable Discussion, I had an opportunity to talk to Donna about my body of work, made out of plastic. She mentioned that my dresses reflect excellent craftsmanship, which measures high in Donna's realm, and demonstrates the direction of my work with discovery of combining my sewing and heat fusion techniques. Donna especially enjoyed the "seamless" technique I achieve with my iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment